Re: imap patches for nnir

Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

  > Some patches for the latest nnir to make it work with current
  > imap.el/nnimap.el. (Once the nnimap.el rewrite is finished the API
  > will be frozen).

I have now created 1.41 with your patch included.  Will distribute
soon.

  > It still performs the same search more than once though, making it
  > somewhat inefficient. This is with nnir 1.40.

Hm.

  > Warning!  Don't use nnir/imap with UW based servers. It searches =all=
  > groups, and this is a Bad Thing with UW based servers. To be
  > practically usable, nnir/imap need to use group process marks or
  > something to limit the groups it should search anyway.

I have got a mechanism for specifying arbitrary search parameters in a
backend-specific way.  See the glimpse entry in nnir-engines and the
function nnir-run-glimpse for an example of how it is used.  The
prompting of the user happends automatically after C-u G G and is
centrally defined in nnir-read-parms.

Are you willing/interested in adding this to the imap search function?
We could also divide the work if you like.

kai
--
I like _b_o_t_h kinds of music.