Re: Problem appending to mailbox

Staffan Ulfberg <staffanu@nada.kth.se> writes:

> I have a problem appending messages to mailboxes using nnimap-0.93.
> * BYE Decoding error: Incorrect network address (krb_rd_req)

This is a Kerberos bug in the Cyrus server, the Cyrus people have
confirmed this and are supposedly working on a fix.

I've debugged it some and it seems that the Cyrus `imtest' program
and/or server is overwriting some buffers before calling the kerberos
integrity/privacy functions, hence the checksums doesn't match and you
get any random kerberos error. This will only happen if you send more
than X bytes of data, which is the reason you only see it when
appending articles.

A workaround is to disable the kerberos privacy option and kerberos
integrity checking. This will, of course, expose you to
man-in-the-middle attacks and your mail will not be transfered
encrypted. It still uses kerberos authentication so no clear text
passwords are transfered, though.

(setq imap-imtest-arguments "-k")