Re: IMAP server-to-server replication?

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

>   > I've made some patches to nnagent for theese, they just store all
>   > invokations of `nnagent-request-set-mark' and when going online,
>   > invoke them on the real backend (nnimap).
>
> This is wonderful!  Any chance of these getting into Gnus at some
> time?

Sure, but someone has to decide if the solutions get us into trouble
somehow. Disconnected operation tend to be semantical nightmares, and
my solution look too simple...

If you want to do the thinking, here's the simple
`nnagent-request-set-mark' I've been playing with.

(deffoo nnagent-request-set-mark (group action server)
  (with-temp-buffer
    (insert (format "(%s-request-set-mark \"%s\" %s \"%s\")\n"
		    (nth 0 gnus-command-method) group action
		    (or server (nth 1 gnus-command-method))))
    (append-to-file (point-min) (point-max) (gnus-agent-lib-file "flags"))))

I'm evaluating the files created by this manually when I become
plugged.

You'll probably need to re-open the nnimap server manually (`C`, then
`O' on the nnimap server in the Server Buffer) for this to work.

-s