Re: nnir w/ nnimap?

Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

  > [...] It was a quick and very dirty hack just to see if it worked,
  > but nnir kept executing the search three times which made it too
  > slow to be really useful so I didn't clean it up. Kai, do you know
  > if this problem is solved? [...]

In 1.39, caching of queries should work.  Please try it and tell me
about it if it doesn't work.

Also, I have added a mechanism for passing extra arguments to the
search functions.  The Glimpse search function prompts you for a group
spec (regex) and then searches just those groups.  Would this be
useful for IMAP, as well?  If you wish, I can add the machinery to
nnir.el which prompts the user for additional arguments and provide
the arguments in nnir-run-imap.  Somebody would then have to volunteer
to use the argument to build an appropriate IMAP query.

I hope you don't mind that I include nnir.el below -- the patches
posted here are longer than nnir.el...

kai
--
Abort this operation?   [Abort]  [Cancel]

nnir.el with caching