Re: "Unknown command type" error

Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@execmail.com> writes:

> I added in a gnus secondary select method, and now when nnimap tries to
> connect to the server I get as far as entering my user name and
> password, then nnimap bails with "Unknown command type" displayed in
> the minibuffer. Anyone know what's going on here?

Your server probably supports CRAM-MD5 authentication and that uses
continuation lines, which aren't implemented in the IMAP parser right
now. I'll try to get at that the next week.

The ugly solution is to force plain text "LOGIN" authentication with
`nnimap-authenticator'.

> One thing I noticed is the following from *Messages*:
>
>   ad-handle-definition: `nnimap-open-server' got redefined
>   ad-handle-definition: `nnimap-close-server' got redefined

The tracing (debug) code generate theese when it re-defines the
functions with debug code.

-s