Re: Marking of articles is forgotten.

Fritz Heinrichmeyer <fritz.heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de> writes:

> after nnimap-0.89 marks for articles are forgotten. Whenever i expire an
> article, after quitting the group and reading it again the expire-mark
> has gone.

(I assume you've applied the patches to gnus)

Could you enter a group and mark some articles with some marks, then
kill both *imap-log* and *nnimap-debug* and quit the group and mail me
the contents of both buffers?

Not all servers support setting expire marks, if so the only way to
use expiring with Gnus is to use total-expire which only uses
read-marks, which all servers support. I'm not sure how we could
inform the user if this is the case.

> PS: There is actually a mark in the header of the message. But it
> seems to be ignored.

Yup, it should be. It's your server that store marks this way, nnimap
uses the imap protocol to fetch marks.