Re: Setting Marks very slow in 0.87

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> Sorry for following up my own message but I just noticed something as I
> exited the group.  When I watched the server via MS Outlook while marks were
> being set, I saw the message count decrement from high to low.  I think this
> is a remanifestation of an old performance problem that we solved a long
> time ago.  Why are you examining and setting each message?

It shouldn't be doing this, and that part hasn't changed, I think.
Are you sure you're using the new `gnus-remove-from-range' function?

If so, does the *imap-log* buffer show clearing/setting all the marks?
If so, how does the `nnimap-request-set-mark' lines in *nnimap-debug*
look like?

(The new `gnus-remove-from-range' function is included in the next
pgnus release, i believe)