Re: Setting Gcc to an nnimap group

Rajesh Godbole <argv@Sun.COM> writes:

> o The Mail/sent-{mail,news} folders on the server *need* to exist.
>   nnimap appends to these.
> o message mode spits out a message Couldn't store article in group ...,
>   but the article gets appended to Mail/sent-mail

Do you use Mule?  I've been able to reproduce some bugs when copying
articles between folders, and it's the imap parser that breaks -- it
seem to get the length of the article wrong. The imap parser is being
rewritten and things will hopefully work better once that's done.

Could you kill your *imap-log* buffer, repeat the above and then send
us the *imap-log* contents?

> (setq gnus-message-archive-method
>       '(nnimap "aries"
> 	       (nnimap-server-address "aries")
> 	       (nnimap-imap-directory "~/Mail/"))

What is `nnimap-imap-directory'?  I don't think nnimap has ever used
such a variable.

Hm. Your problem with Gnus hanging when Gcc'ing articles could be
because that when Gnus tries to open the archive method, it requests a
list of groups from the server -- and if you're using a UWash based
server this could take extremely long time.

Try replacing `nnimap-imap-directory' with `nnimap-list-pattern'.