Re: nnimap-0.80 and mule problem?

Matt Armstrong <matta@geoworks.com> writes:

> When I select the offending messages, I get an "error in process filter:
> End of file during parsing" error.

Yup, it does that when the parser get confused.

> The relevant portion of *imap-log* is here (NOTE! The copyright
> character was a single \251 char in the *imap-log* buffer.

That's strange, from what I could tell it really was \201\251 that was
being sent out, the web version of this mailinglist also indicate
that. Hm. I've been told to expect strange stuff when disabling
multibyte characters, maybe this is it.

> It isn't a pgnus thing, since I can read the message fine when I
> manually move it to a local backend.  I also still get the error
> when doing C-u g in the summary buffer, which bypasses a lot of the
> new pgnus MIME stuff.

Yup, it's a nnimap problem.

Or rather, the problem is in the imap library. The 0.80 series will
see a rewrite of this stuff. I'll see if I can reproduce this with
0.39 somehow.