Re: nnimap-0.80 and mule problem?

Fritz Heinrichmeyer <fritz.heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de> writes:

> Characters with the eight bit set puzzle nnimap (or maybe gnus?), at
> least here with emacs-20.3 and pgnus-0.58. As an example, here is a
> copyright symbol.

Do you run with --unibyte?  What's your `enable-multibyte-characters'?

Did earlier versions of nnimap work?

If you get a backtrace, could you mail it to me?

Nnimap does disable multibyte characters in the process buffer (which
we probably shouldn't), but this hasn't changed with 0.80.

Looking at my imap servers' message store shows that this arrived as
two characters -- \201 and a copyright symbol, which is what I see
both in the article buffer and in *imap-log*. Was that the intention,
or did you send a a copyright symbol and it got mulified before it was
sent out?