Re: Where do you want to go tomorrow?

Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

> Some obvious things:
>
> * Fixing bugs
> * Faster look for new mail (asynchronous?)
> * Cooperation with Gnus Agent, ie disconnected mode
> * Improving Gnus with regard to the IMAPish way of thinking
>   (hierarchal folder listings, imap-subscribe/unsubscribe etc)
> * MIME (don't fetch entire article etc)
> * More splitting (fancy splitting, server-side splitting etc)

Oh yeah, I'd also second the request to implement client-side caching
of the fetched articles.

Netscape's IMAP support saves all the messages locally for quick
retrieval if you read something twice.  But it also deletes them when
they get deleted on the server.

So gnus's cache stuff is only half the solution.

--
matta