Re: Emacs support for LDAP?

Simon> Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:
>> Does anyone here know whether there is an LDAP client for Emacs?
>> The MS Exchange Server (my IMAP server) can have its address book
>> accessed via LDAP.  Anyone know if this is possible?

Simon> Recent XEmacsen includes a LDAP module, I believe.

Early last year I wrote some ELisp that just calls the command-line
ldapsearch tool you get with UMich LDAP[1] or the Netscape LDAP SDK.

It's pretty rough around the edges - not long after I did that,
someone made XEmacs link with the LDAP C library instead (which was
really what I was after in the first place :).  But it might prove
useful to you.

You'll find it at http://bing.bofh.asn.au/sw/emacs-lisp/

Enjoy,
 Andrew