Re: Login Timeouts

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

>    >> But it should never store passwords unless the user has accepted (by
>    >> configuration) this behaviour, the default would be to ask for a
>    >> password again (and discard them as soon he/she is authenticated).
>
>    Osma> I would like it to remember the password once I have entered it
>    Osma> until I quit Gnus/Emacs, but definitely NOT store it on disk.
>
> I agree.  Once I've entered the password the first time I start gnus and
> nnimap, I have no problem with nnimap remembering my password and
> transparently logging me in after the timeout.  I would want an initial
> prompt, though, when nnimap first starts.

I think I'll have nnimap ask the user if he wants nnimap to remember
the password for the duration of the Gnus session. Just storing it in
memory without asking is impolite IMHO. But asking a user questions
from a backend is also bad. But it has to ask for the password so..

(Of course it will be configurable so you can set the answer to that
question in your ~/.gnus).

/s