Re: Error in Process Filter

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

>    Simon> No, I've turned off tracing of the IMAP library.
>
> WOW!  What a difference tracing, or lack thereof, can make.  Now
> it's actually usable!  Before it was so slow as to almost be
> non-usable except for beta testing.

Nnimap is still traced, and the IMAP library still has debug code in
it though.

>    Simon> The IMAP library won't be seing any development unless we can work
>    Simon> out the copyright issues. If we can't solve the copyright issues,
>    Simon> I'll split nnimap into two trees; the current code that would only
>    Simon> see bug fixes, and one complete rewrite.
>
> What's the issue with the copyright?

The code has to be signed over to the FSF by all authors of nnimap.

> BTW will the currently required patch to pgnus be merged into the
> next release of pgnus?  Or will we need to keep patching?

I don't know, I've submitted the patch to bugs@gnus.org.

The patch makes `gnus-remove-from-range' extremely slow (quiting a
IMAP mailbox with 20000 articles will spend a substancial amount of
time in the function) so there might be speed concerns.

/s