Re: Error in Process Filter

>>>>> "Simon" == Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> writes:

   Simon> (Cc:d back to the list, hope you don't mind.)

Not at all.  It was not my intention to reply only to you.

   >> I see that the start-up time for nnimap is dramatically faster than
   >> 0.29 (where I've been stuck for a while).  It was getting to the
   >> point where I dreaded fetching new mail and kept MS Outlook up just
   >> to see if anything important had come in.  I would fetch only when
   >> necessary.  Now, I can fetch new mail as often as I wish.  Are you
   >> doing asynchronously now or is it something else that changed?

   Simon> No, I've turned off tracing of the IMAP library.

WOW!  What a difference tracing, or lack thereof, can make.  Now it's actually
usable!  Before it was so slow as to almost be non-usable except for beta
testing.

   Simon> If someone wants to work on doing the active info updates
   Simon> asynchronously, I'd be happy. Same goes for asynchronous article
   Simon> fetching, of course.

   Simon> Sorry, my focus isn't speed.

No prob.  I'm actually quite happy now!

   Simon> The IMAP library won't be seing any development unless we can work
   Simon> out the copyright issues. If we can't solve the copyright issues,
   Simon> I'll split nnimap into two trees; the current code that would only
   Simon> see bug fixes, and one complete rewrite.

What's the issue with the copyright?

BTW will the currently required patch to pgnus be merged into the next release
of pgnus?  Or will we need to keep patching?

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com