Re: Error in Process Filter

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> Just upgraded to pgnus 0.34 and nnimap 0.34.  When quiting an nnimap
> group, I get the following error:
>
> (4) (error/warning) Error in process filter: (end-of-file  *nnimap*
> truman)

This should never happen. The '"':s in the error could be causing it.

> A322 UID SEARCH UID 25 NOT SINCE 08-Oct-98
> A322 BAD Protocol Error: "Invalid AND key in SEARCH command"
> A323 UID SEARCH UID 25 NOT SINCE 08-Oct-98
> A323 BAD Protocol Error: "Invalid AND key in SEARCH command"
> A324 UID SEARCH UID 25 NOT SINCE 08-Oct-98
> A324 BAD Protocol Error: "Invalid AND key in SEARCH command"
> A325 UID SEARCH UID 25 NOT SINCE 08-Oct-98
> A325 BAD Protocol Error: "Invalid AND key in SEARCH command"

(I assume you pressed 'q' a few times?)

The date should not be zero-padded, I think this is what causes the
error (although the error is kind of strange).

`format-time-string' can pad dates with blanks and zeroes, but it
can't leave the date un-padded. Sigh. Could you see if this works
better in 0.35?

If we're unlucky `format-time-string' also gives out months in the
current locale, so you could end up with strings like '8-Okt-98'. Not
nice. I'm not sure how Lars has solved this (this has turned up
recently within the NNTP code too).

/s