Re: imap folder and "space"

BERNHARD Raphael CNET/DSE/SOP <raphael.bernhard@cnet.francetelecom.fr> writes:

> We have an MS Exchange mail server with a news-like system named
> "Public Folders" accessible by IMAP.
>
> My problem is that I would like to read these "Public Folders", but
> there is currently a limitation in "nnimp" and "gnus": the groups
> containing spaces in the name are removed.

Yup. Nnimap hides theese mailboxes from Gnus.

> Is there a way to bypass this limitation?

No. Renaming the mailbox for Gnus (translating " " into "_" or
something) is bad for several reasons, first it confuses the user to
as what name the mailbox really has, and second nnimap would have to
translate all mailbox names Gnus passes to it.

I've put "fixing Gnus to handle SPC in group names" on the todo-list
-- I'd be very happy if someone looked into this.

/s