Re: Reading from two places

Mats Lidell <Mats.Lidell@contactor.se> writes:

> I use the new 0.32. (Yes nnimap-version says "nnimap 0.3.31" but the
> ChangeLog says 0.32. A bug I guess ;-)

Yup, it's a bug. :-)

> If I read all mail in a folder on one machine and then goes into the
> other machine and look in the group-buffer I see that there are unread
> messages there.  When I enter the folder there arn't.

I know.  The problem is this: the number of unread articles is
calculated by Gnus, with old group info.

There are two solutions to this:

1) Re-enable nnimap-request-update-info. This way Gnus will have
   correct group info to play with and will calculate the unread
   number (more) correctly. Problem: it's =slow=.

2) Have Gnus ask the backend how many unread articles there is in a
   mailbox instead of calculating it by itself. IMAP knows this, but
   it can't tell Gnus because it doesn't ask for this information.

If you can live with the speed penalty of 1 you can put this in your
.gnus:

(deffoo nnimap-request-update-info (group info &optional server)
   (nnimap-request-update-info-internal group info server))

> I guess this is caused by the improved save-flags-on-server-side
> backend. Still I don't like it. It takes a lot of time to wade through
> all folders just to find nothing. The actual state of a folder must be
> read when starting up.

Yup. I'll post a fix when it's finished. ;-)

/s