Re: 2 gnus questions

AJ Megacz <megacz@usa.net> writes:

> How do I mark an article as unread?

M-u.

> Also, how do I post to a folder? The IMAP protocol specifies a "post"
> command, which will insert a new email into a folder. This is distinct
> from sending an email, which uses SMTP!

There are two "post" concepts in IMAP. The normal way would be to
"post" it using SMTP, but in IMAP one can also have "bulletin board"
mailboxes (several users can append articles to the mailbox) but this
is not supported by gnus/nnimap today.

If we want to add support for it, we need to modify message.el in Gnus
to be able to send to a IMAP server. It's on the todo list.

`B c' on a article will append it to a IMAP mailbox.

/s