Re: read articles keep coming back

dsg@mitre.org (David S. Goldberg) writes:

> After reading my IMAP group (I'm still just playing with an IMAP
> server so I'm only sending this list to it via procmail and then
> splitting the INBOX into INBOX.gnus-imap) I exit the group.  In the
> *Group* buffer, I do a 'g' to get new news.  The IMAP group then
> shows all the messages I'd just read as unread.  Unless I explicitly
> delete the articles with B-DEL, or make them dormant.

Judging from the debug logs, you aren't reading any articles. It only
fetched the article headers, but no articles?

> Also, I tried turning on total-expire and set nnmail-expiry-wait to
> immediate for the IMAP group but that didn't do anything.

It should delete any articles Gnus passes it, could you send me a
*nnimap-debug* and *imap-log* trace of a session where you run
expunging on a group?

Just a guess based on your nnimap-debug; you could be quoting
`immediate' twice. When editing group parameters (`G p', `G E') you
shouldn't quote things. (Write immediate instead of 'immediate).

/s