expunging in 0.3.30

Perhaps I should have mentioned:

Nnimap defaults to use the EXPUNGEš+CLOSE combo when closing
mailboxes. That is, the same behaviour as in almost all versions.

The news is that this is configurable with the server variable
nnimap-expunge-on-close, which I'll document right now.

/s

[1]: The EXPUNGE command isn't really sent unless nnimap has marked
any articles in the mailbox with \Deleted. Why? Cyrus IMAPD seem to
take =ages= to complete the EXPUNGE command on huge groups, I've no
idea as to why. The CLOSE command (which does a silent EXPUNGE) is
quite fast.

Since the only point of sending the EXPUNGE command is debugging (you
get a list of removed articles in the *imap-log* buffer), this is
probably not a problem.