Re: Multiple Authentication Credentials

On 27 Aug 1998 12:48:02 +0200 Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se> wrote:

> imap-username and imap-password are depreciated variables when using.
> nnimap. Use nnimap-authinfo-file instead.

I saw this, however storing cleartext passwords like this isn't acceptable (in
our environment, anyway). It also doesn't work when I need to connect to random
servers on an adhoc basis. The client should be able to cache these
credentials for the duration of the session (or until explicitly expunged by
the user) on a per host/user/authemech basis.

My Emacs Lisp manual just arrived yesterday. I've been meaning to learn
e-lisp, so I see if I can't cook up a patch to add this support.

--lyndon