Re: disconnected?

Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@amaunet.cs.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> One feature is shared mail folders.  This feature would be used by the
> whole working group, so nnimap would have to be fairly stable before I
> can recommend it to them with some amount of peace of mind :-) I'm
> unsure of the status of nnimap w.r.t. this.

Nnimap 0.3.20 should be stable enough for you, I think.  Shared mail
folders isn't a problem, and nnimap has ACL editing so you can
set/edit access permissions for your group.

Support for "Bulletin boards" (where you post your articles by
APPENDing them into the mailbox instead of just mailing it somewhere)
type of mailboxes are not supported yet because we haven't looked into
this. I'm adding it to the todo-list.

> The other feature is disconnected operation.  This would be positively
> useful for working at home from a dialup connection.  Does nnimap
> support disconnected operation, yet?

No. I think there are problems with flag update forwarding. It's on
the todo list.

> Of course, I would also be happy with a sort of IMAP proxy which
> nnimap could talk to when I work at home, then the proxy could do
> the synchronization stuff.

This could be a nice tool until nnimap support Agent operations.

/s