Re: Respooling Problem

   Simon> Respooling is a nnmail-specific as far as I can tell. Nnimap isn't a
   Simon> nnmail backend, so it does not support it.

Does it have to be nnmail-specific?  I thought that Gnus documents respooling
as specifically meant to be able to repool from any backend to another backend.
That's why it prompts you for which backend you'd like to respool to.

The following is a quite from the Gnus 5.6.24 Info file:

   Respooling is also a handy thing to do if you're switching from one
mail backend to another.  Just respool all the mail in the old mail groups
using the new mail backend.

Wouldn't respooling be a convenient way for people moving to nnimap to
incorporate their old mail?  I can workaround this by simply using the
commands to move mail beteen groups.  Still, perhaps this merits entry to to
the TODO list?

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com