Can't subscribe to new folders

I was finally able to repeat my scenario.  I have some nnimap-split-methods
that are designed to split into folders that do not yet exist.  I am assuming
that the folders will be automatically created and would be subscribable.

1) Isn't it reasonable to be automatically subscribed to any folder newly
   created as a result of an nnimap-split?  This is not currently the case.
   The folder, BTW, _was_ successfully created on the IMAP server as I
   expected.

2) If I know that a folder exists (since I can see it via another IMAP
   client), I would expect the 'U' command to show me the folder name when I
   use auto completion.  Instead, it only shows me the list of folders I've
   alredy subscribed to.  There are no entries in the nnimap-debug buffer
   that indicate it even tried to query the server.

3) When I get the prompt from the 'U' command, it allows me to type in
   anything and it accepts it. It does not validate the folder name until I
   try to access it for the first time.  This is probably a gnus issue not an
   nnimap issue.

I have left myself with an unsubscribed folder that contains unread messages
so that I can play with this and help debug it.  Let me know what you'd like
me to do next.  Again, there are no indications in the nnimap-debug buffer
that it even attempted to query the IMAP server for the list of known
folders.

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com