Re: Problems with New Folders

   Simon> Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:
   >> I have now coverted full to using nnimap and am not bothering with using POP
   >> to access my Exchange Server.

   Simon> Wow!

Well, I _do_ have MS Outlook as backup if I can't do something I need to do
with nnimap.  For example, I use Outlook to verify that the mail is getting
split properly and that I am seeing everything I'm supposed to see.  Also, I
get errors occasionally that seem to be with respect to MIME headers.  These
errors prevent me from fetching mail from the mailbox folder.  I then
fallback to MS Outlook.  I also use Outlook to permanently delete messages
from my folders since nnimap cannot do that yet.

Still, nnimap seems to be working well enough, especially now that filtering
expunges from the INBOX, that I can rely on it for day to day work.

   >> I had killed (gnus-topic-kill-group) a number of my IMAP mailboxes
   >> as part of a major clean-up with the expectation that the next time
   >> mail arrived to my INBOX and got split into one those folders, it
   >> would then be displayed in gnus.  Much to my chagrin, these folders
   >> did not reappear.

   Simon> No, this is a known problem. Added to the todolist.

Are you sure it's a problem.  Someone else sent me an email that said if the
folder is unsubscribed (or killed, in my case) it is correct for gnus to not
show it even if new mail has been split into it.

   >> So, I pressed 'U' hoping to resubscribe.  None of these mailboxes
   >> was offered to me as an option.  My only workaround was to go into
   >> the server buffer, browse the IMAP server, and manually subscribe to
   >> the folders I wanted.  Did I miss a better way of doing this?

   Simon> 'U' should list the groups, if you have the server in your
   Simon> gnus-secondary-method.  If not, please send me the nnimap-request-list
   Simon> output from *nnimap-debug*.

I tried duplicating this again and I cannot.  This might be because I have
already added all the necessary folders.

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com