Re: Split Problem

Sorry for following up my own message but...

    Jake> Well I've recoded it to use standalone variables and we'll see what
    Jake> happens.

It works!  My messages split!!

    Jake> If this all works as I intend, nnimap will access truman first and
    Jake> split messages from INBOX elsewhere.  I assume that once split, the
    Jake> messages are actually moved out of INBOX and into the destination
    Jake> IMAP folder.  Then my POP-based nnml backend will move whatever is
    Jake> left in truman's INBOX into my nnml groups.  This allows me to
    Jake> experiment with IMAP using a subset of my messages, only those that
    Jake> are also available to me in a newsgroup.

It seems to me that you are doing a _copy_ of messages from INBOX to the destination
but not a _move_.  Is this what you intend?  When nnml hits my server, it is
seeing the same message that was successfully split by nnimap-split-rules. This
tells me that it was left in INBOX.  Otherwise, POP would not have seen it.

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com