Re: Split Problem

    Simon> Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:
    >> > nnimap-list-pattern, nnimap-split-inbox and nnimap-split-rule are no
    >> longer server variables. They were in the first couple of versions with
    >> splitting, but not any longer. (I guess you've based your configuration
    >> on one of my old configrations)
    >>
    >> Which means what?  I now have it working - at least inasmuch as I get no
    >> errors.  Are you telling me that it simply won't do anything if I define
    >> them as server variables?

    Simon> Yes.

    Simon> (They might actually do something, but that's only a matter of which
    Simon> buffer happens to be active when nnimap does it's splitting.)

Well I've recoded it to use standalone variables and we'll see what happens.

If this all works as I intend, nnimap will access truman first and split
messages from INBOX elsewhere.  I assume that once split, the messages are
actually moved out of INBOX and into the destination IMAP folder.  Then my
POP-based nnml backend will move whatever is left in truman's INBOX into my
nnml groups.  This allows me to experiment with IMAP using a subset of my
messages, only those that are also available to me in a newsgroup.

Did you _intend_ to say that nnimap-list-pattern is no longer a server
variable?  In the installation/config docs you you _do_ use nnimap-list-pattern
as a server variable.

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com