Re: BIG IMAP Folders

> Is there a size limit on the number of messages in an NNIMAP folder?
> I have a few folders with 20-25000 messages in them...  I was thinking
> since Exchange can't delete them nicely, perhaps Gnus could quietly
> expire and purge them.  Unfortunately these folders don't show up when
> I browse my IMAP server...

nnimap currently doesn't purge/expunge/expire.  We want to have more
confidence before we enable that.  I assume this is just a
once only kind of thing.  You can try the following:

machine> telnet imap-server 143
. login gorkab passwd-for-gorkab
. select big-old-folder
. store 1:* FLAGS.SILENT (\Deleted)