thanks to the nnimap team -- some suggestions

that has been posted to emacs.ding as well.

I downloaded and installed nnimap yesterday,
tested it with my local UWash imapd,
and it worked fine.

Very, very good job!!!

But there are always things to improve.
(That's why I post this to emacs.ding,
so `ordinary ding gnus users' get involved.)

E.g. the login to the IMAP server on start up of gnus is not so nice.
You would expect to be blocked by such a thing
the first time you enquire information of one of your folders
on that IMAP server.
I personally set the subscribedness level of nntp and nnimap groups so high,
that they get only scanned, as I `enter' them (or so ...).
(It took me quite `some hundred days' experience with gnus to figure that out
with nntp groups ... -- but it works nice that way.)

You would also expect, that the login information
would be re-used, so you wouldn't have to type it in again
during a single gnus session (or so ...).

The nnimap-list-pattern has to cover all the mail folders on the IMAP server,
that you might ever want to deal with,
which is probably much more, than you want to deal with at a single time.
It actually collides a bit with the idea of subscribing to a *single* group.
(Subscribing to / using a (foreign) NNTP group works slightly differently,
if you know what I mean.)
As soon as you start server side mail splitting,
you can end up with quite a lot IMAP mail folders,
that you don't want to get scanned on server startup, right?!