Re: Decoding error: Time is out of bounds (krb_rd_req)

Mark Moll <mmoll@cs.cmu.edu> writes:

> nnimap still doesn't work for me all that well. Quite often it times out or
> locks up xemacs for good. The error seems to suggest that it's Kerberos
> related, but with pine3.95 I don't have these problems. Here's the relevant
> information for the last time out.
>
> C6 OK Completed
> C7 UID STORE 1:* -FLAGS.SILENT (\Seen \Flagged \Answered)
> C7 OK Completed
> C8 UID STORE 1:1009 +FLAGS.SILENT (\Seen)
> * BYE Decoding error: Time is out of bounds (krb_rd_req)
> Connection Closed.
> C9 CLOSE

(I assume that you've made sure your clock is right.)

I've had similair problems with imtest (getting "Decoding error:
generic kerberos error", though) but I've blaimed that on the
server. Since I don't get the error immediately, but after a couple of
commands had been succesfully sent to the server, I think imtest is
buggy.

Pine probably does the kerberos stuff by itself (or?).

Btw, do you use krb 4 or 5?  MIT/Transarc/KTH/etc?

/S