Re: Problems with 0.3.7

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> Even if you use gnus-secondary-select-method, don't you still have
> to go into the server buffer to select the subscribed mailboxes?
> Once selected, I would expect the secondary-select-method to fetch
> any new messages.  Isn't that the way it's supposed to work?

Upon re-reading articles (yes, you can do that! :-)) I groked
this. Yes, that's exactly the way it should work, and I think it does.

If Gnus shows that you have extreme unread figures, that would be
because of the HIGH - LOW + 1 calculations. In IMAP there isn't
anything stopping you from giving every new article a UID (message
number, sort of) of the Unix time it was received, and this may very
well be how MS Exchange does things. We'd have to change Gnus to fix
that (there is a field for article number, but it isn't used).

/S