Re: Problems with 0.3.7

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> > This was broken, I've never used it this way and I've probably broke
> > it. (It's the nnimap-list-pattern stuff that doesn't work, remove
> > that line and it works.)
>
> Even if you use gnus-secondary-select-method, don't you still have
> to go into the server buffer to select the subscribed mailboxes?

Yes.

Whenever someone writes nnimap-request-newgroups you don't have to do
that. I don't know if you can find out mailbox creation dates in IMAP
which would be required to write it, but I'll have a look.

> Once selected, I would expect the secondary-select-method to fetch
> any new messages.  Isn't that the way it's supposed to work?

Do you mean "new groups"?  nnimap never fetches any messages (except
when you read them, of course).

The "new groups" thing doesn't work yet, you'll to subscribe to
folders manually in the server buffer.

> When I got the mail from my INBOX, the message count for the mailbox
> was waaayyyy off.  It also flagged them all with 'O' instead of
> unflagged (meaning unread).

O means old and read, doesn't it?

Could it be that they were actually old, and that all messages you've
POPed down were still left in the IMAP folder?

Gnus sadly calculates the message count as HIGH - LOW + 1. Too
bad. The Gnus backend interface doesn't map very well against IMAP.

/S