Re: You've been busy... where do we stand?

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> > Does MS Exchange Server support server side splitting?  Do you know
> > if it uses some standard language (like "Sieve") for setting theese
> > rules?  How do Outlook tell the server to set theese rules?
>
> Yes it does but it looks to be non-standard (surprise, surprise).
> The docs make it clear that rules can be server-based or
> client-based and warns you to make sure that you specify the correct
> type.

Uhm?  What docs?  Server-based or client-based splitting is not in
conflict with each other. Client side splitting is nothing fancy, it
just lots of fetch/copy/delete(/move).

My guess is that this refered to some MS specific thing that only
applies to Outlook/Exchange.

/S