Re: You've been busy... where do we stand?

    Simon> You don't have to change anything to switch from POP to IMAP?  In
    Simon> that case, you don't lose anything by testing nnimap now, just mark
    Simon> all articles you read with IMAP as unread if you want them to get
    Simon> POPed just like normal.

    Simon> (unless MS Exchange does something strange, of course)

I currently have the following set in my .gnus

        (setq gnus-select-method '(nnml ""))
        (setenv "MAILHOST" "truman")
        (setq nnmail-spool-file "po:colman")
        (setq nnmail-pop-password-required t)

This is what allows me to get mail via POP from my Exchange Server, truman.  To
experiment with using IMAP4 instead of POP, I should be able to just add the
following in place of what I have:

        (setq gnus-select-method
                '((nnimap
                        "yoyo"
                        (nnimap-server-address "robby.caltech.edu")
                        (nnimap-list-pattern  '("INBOX" "Mail/*" "alt.sex.*")))))

I know from the testing I've done already that I can access IMAP4 via the
server buffer.  My preference, of course, would be to do it this way instead.

    Simon> Does MS Exchange Server support server side splitting?  Do you know
    Simon> if it uses some standard language (like "Sieve") for setting theese
    Simon> rules?  How do Outlook tell the server to set theese rules?

Yes it does but it looks to be non-standard (surprise, surprise).  The docs
make it clear that rules can be server-based or client-based and warns you to
make sure that you specify the correct type.  I might play with server-based if
you can't get gnus splitting working but, given your (group) successes thus
far, I'm quite certain that I'll get what I'm looking for.

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com