Re: Neat thing

> http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/cyrus/cyrustest.html.

This is the one I test with.  Now you see why I never implemented the slow
method before.  It is painful.

> Problems:
>
> 	* there should be a 'adaptive nnimap-request-list method that
> 		first does 'fast and only if it's less than, say 20,
> 		mailboxes, does the 'slow method to fetch mailbox
> 		information. Listing folders on Cyrus public IMAP
> 		server is slow. I don't think we should go for the
> 		'fast method 100 %, in most cases there is only a very
> 		limited number of mailboxes.

The best thing would be to send a dummy result to request-list and
then override the result in update-info. The problem is that when I do
this, it gets set but never used.  I sent mail off to Lars asking
about something that would help get around this.  I've spent a long
time tracing though Gnus and have gotten nowhere on this.  Any Ideas?

> 	* '"' is mutilated to '&' inside articles. The problem is
> 		probably in imap-parse-line.

        (while (re-search-forward "\\\\\\|\"" nil 00)
          (replace-match "\\\\\&"))

This looks like it would do what you are seeing if \& didn't do what I
think it should.

> 	* Really should split up 1:* header fetches to smaller
> 		chunks. It would probably take hours to fetch all
> 		headers in huge groups, and I can't find any way of
> 		stopping it. (C-g interrupts everything ok, but the
> 		server is still feeding me the headers).

That is a toughy.  I'd like to be able to tell the server to stop
when we interrupt.

> 	* I need mail splitting to use IMAP for my personal mail. I'll
> 		see if the nnmail splitting stuff could be used.

Bold.