Re: Problems with 0.3.2

radford@robby.caltech.edu (Jim Radford) writes:

> > I think the problem with read/unread marks is best solved by this:
> >         Never delete read marks based on server side information
> >         unless we have a UIDVALIDITY change.
>
> This should only apply to non-existent messages.

You're right, that would do it, yes.  I'll work on this later tonight.

> If I unread a message from another client, I want the results
> proagated to Gnus.

At least netscape seem to have troubles if I use another IMAP client
-- if I delete a mailbox in Gnus and start Netscape, I can't seem to
get netscape to understand that the mailbox no longer exists.

This is not a reason that we shouldn't follow the standard, but it
could be trouble for users anyway.

/S