Re: Problems with 0.3.2

radford@robby.caltech.edu (Jim Radford) writes:

> When close-group is called with read ((1 . 16)) it tries to set the
> \Seen mark for articles 1 and 2 which of course don't exist.

I think the problem with read/unread marks is best solved by this:

	Never delete read marks based on server side information
	unless we have a UIDVALIDITY change.

That is, only add read marks based on SEEN searches, never delete
them. I think this is also coherant with the way Gnus uses the read
marks.

I don't think this is so non-IMAP-ish as one first would think -- the
IMAP client is not permitted to store SEEN flags in public lists, but
should nevertheless be able to read thoose (and remember what has been
read and what has not) so it might as well do the same for other
mailboxes too.

I will experiment with this and see if it breaks anything else.

/S