Re: Problems with 0.3.2

radford@robby.caltech.edu (Jim Radford) writes:

> I've had support in for DELETE, RENAME, APPEND and CREATE for a while now.
> They work for me, YMMV.  Let me know of specific problems with them.

The problems I've seen are:

- the server says NO and complains about \n's in the article body
- the server seem to wait for more input
- the server says BAD and complains about junk after a literal (the article)

I don't recall which one I got when I used your code unchanged.

Seems like there is some problem with counting the number of
characters in the article. I've been tracing this with a protocol
sniffer to find about exactly what is being sent, and it shouldn't be
that hard to figure out why it isn't working. I'll try it with XEmacs
to see how it should work.

>  o Gnus wants a Lines header to put in the summary, but we can only
>    easily compute Chars.

One solution:

* put char count in article ("Chars: 4711") and come up with a new
  gnus-summary-line-format character

Some other ideas, which all are heavily broken:

* retrieve all articles and use nnmail-insert-lines
* have nnimap-request-scan go thru and add Lines: to all articles in
  INBOX
* have nnimap-request-group go thru all article headers and add

I'll comment the rest of your post tomorrow. Especially using imap
folders outside the server buffer have several problems right now,
I'll try to summarize them.

/S