Re: imap support

I cc:d this to the gnus-imap list, please join it.

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

>     Simon> Thanks, I'll try to get in touch with him.
>
> I've downloaded and installed your imap4 implementation but have not been able
> to get very far.

I just put up a new improved version, it should be easier to use.

It's basicly Jim Radfords work with Emacs 20 fixes, I will apply my
work against it in the weekend. Expect much changes in the next few
days. ;-)

Be sure to remove the old configuration stuff (the webpage has
changed), I think it breaks the new package.

> I can open the server and it does successfully log me in (I
> know that that part works since if I put in an invalid password it prompts me
> to retry).  After that point, it does not show me any groups or mailboxes.
>
> I did some poking around and the imap-process variable has a value of nil.  Is
> that to be expected?  Also, the debug varaibles seem to screw things up.  I am
> pretty sure that it's becayuse there is no create-buffer call for *im-debug*.
>
> Any ideas on how I should proceed from here?

Sorry, another thing in my configuration I didn't document. I have
this in my .emacs:

(set-buffer (get-buffer-create "*im-debug*"))

The debugging won't work without the buffer, and then it breaks
everything.

The imap-process should not be nil, but it is also buffer local to the
imap server buffer, change to a buffer called " *nnimap your.server*"
or something like that (notice the leading space) and then look at the
variable.

/S