todo

My todo list for nnimap.  I'll spend the evening refreshing my memory
of the imap rfc.

Does anyone have suggestions for a protocol sniffer?  I've used netcat
and some shellscripts to analyse how netscape talks IMAP, but it
doesn't feel like state of the art.

The list is not anywhere complete, I'll append things to it as I get
more familiar with visigoths work.

/S

Important things (would cary it out of alpha status):

Fix EOL situation
analyze protocol logic (it seems to do the same SELECT several times)
support (nnimap-request-newgroups DATE &optional SERVER)
support (nnimap-request-expire-articles ARTICLES &optional GROUP SERVER FORCE)
support (nnimap-request-move-article ARTICLE GROUP SERVER ACCEPT-FORM
support (nnimap-request-accept-article GROUP &optional SERVER LAST)
support (nnimap-request-replace-article ARTICLE GROUP BUFFER)
support (nnimap-request-delete-group GROUP FORCE &optional SERVER)
support (nnimap-request-rename-group GROUP NEW-NAME &optional SERVER)
actually use it for a while

Nonessential things, but noted for future reference:

non 7-bit mailbox names
verify that it handle multiple simultaneous clients
support (nnimap-request-group-description GROUP &optional SERVER)
support (nnimap-request-list-newsgroups &optional SERVER)

Things likely not to be done (right now at least):

mime support (would require changing the backend interface in gnus)
disconnected support (perhaps doable, but sounds like it would require
			changes in gnus)