Re: A little help from my friends

Nathan Williams <nwilliams@primeon.com> writes:

> >         Yes. I hope to have something soon.
>
>         Here's Revision 0 of a patch to fix up the names. This solves
> my immediate needs by translating spaces to dashes and vice versa; I
> don't have any imap mailboxes with dashes in the name to deal with
> yet. I took the strategy of changing the names as close to the wire
> interface as possible; this leads to slightly more instances of the
> code, but a better set of chokepoints that mailbox names always pass
> through was not apparant to me.
>
>         I also just made the change for
> imap-mailbox-{select,status,list,lsub}. Changing the rest of
> imap-mailbox-* to do the same thing will be very straightforward;
> replace 'mailbox' in imap-send-command-wait with (imap-encode-string
> (imap-uncleanup-mailbox-name mailbox)). I found it curious that only
> one routine already did (imap-encode-string mailbox).
>
>         - Nathan

Bless you.  This does work for me, in that my
gnus-groups-enter-server-mode for my imap server looks like this:

K      0: Calendar
K      0: Contacts
K      0: Deleted-Items
K      0: Drafts
K      0: INBOX
K      0: Journal
K      0: Notes
K      0: Outbox
K      0: Public-Folders
K      0: Sent-Items
K      0: Tasks
K      0: Trash
K      0: saved-messages

'Public Folders' has correctly been turned into Public-Folders, but
'Public Folders' has a bunch of IMAP folders below it.  How do I get
gnus (or nnimap) to recognize the whole tree of folders?  If I go into
the Group buffer and do 'A A' it spins forever, a 'C+G' shows that
only the above boxes were fetched.

Ugh, if gnus doesn't recognize multi tier folders either I'm going to
fart in it's general direction.

Looks nnimap supports it, as an (imap-mailbox-list) with no restraint
does return the entire heirarchy.  Grrrr.  So Why Don't We Ditch Gnus And
Write Our Own Front End To This Perfectly Good IMAP Library? (I know,
I know, put my code where my mouth is) ;)

-Michel

> --- imap.el	Wed Jun 16 13:49:42 1999
> *** 136,141 ****
> --- 136,158 ----