Re: Shared folders

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> Is achieving per-user marks on messages in shared folders a server
> configuration issue, or does this depend on the client, or is
> something else wrong?  Maybe there is a big misunderstanding involved
> on my part?

The Cyrus server only keeps Read and Recent marks (forgive me if those
aren't the real names, I've been up too long) on a per-user basis.
All the other marks are folder-wide.  In general, non-"read" marks
can't be set on "read-only" folders.

This isn't ideal, but it's good enough for shared groups to be like
newsgroups.  It's not good enough to support all sorts of cool
user-defined flags.

John.