Re: stable vs. development versions

>>>>> On 24 May 1999 09:32:42 -0400,
>>>>> Ed L Cashin <ecashin@coe.uga.edu> (elc) writes:

elc> It seems that lately every time a new version comes out it
elc> contains both bug fixes and new bugs.  That does not reflect
elc> poorly on anyone, it is merely a consequence of active
elc> development.  However, it means that there is never a stable
elc> version.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong Simon, but seems to me that nnimap is
still beta, since it does not yet have a "1.0" release.  I think
such a strategy only makes sense after this current beta cycle is
completed.

BTW, will nnimap be bundled with gnus, or remain a separate part?
That could also relate to your suggestion.  That is, if bundled with
gnus, that would be the stable version, while the version from the
nnimap web page would be the development version....

Amos