Re: spaces in folder names

John Prevost <prevost@zarya.maya.com> writes:

> > > I can't get imap folders with spaces in the name to work. Is there a
> > > solution for this?
> >
> > Sorry, no. Gnus can't handle group names with spaces.
>
> Should nnimap be made to escape this somehow?  Since IMAP does allow
> it, and nnimap should interoperate with other clients, this seems like
> something that ought to have a workaround, even if the workaround is
> ugly.

Well, yes. I only fear escaping will get us into more trouble. Suppose
we replace " " with "_".

* How do nnimap know how to translate the gnus group name "a_b_c_d" to
a mailbox name? Is it "a b c d", "a b c_d", "a b_c d" or...?

* There's no way to create a mailbox containing space

* There's no way to rename a mailbox to something containing space

I'll create a mailbox containing space and play around with it to see
exactly what it is that breaks, perhaps it can be fixed.