Re: expiry =? expunge

>>>>> On 01 May 1999 22:31:11 +0200,
>>>>> Kai Grossjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE> (kg) writes:

kg> But your suggestion seems to mean that once I hit E I can't see
kg> the message anymore.  I constantly rely on being able to see `E'
kg> articles, though.  You can't even undo hitting E, can you?

You can still select the message for viewing even if it was tagged
with E, so long as it hasn't actually been expunged yet.  However,
after hitting `B del', you can no longer view the message since gnus
thinks it is was expired or canceled.  Though, both of these
settings can be undone with `M c', so long as you do that _before_
leaving the Summary buffer.

I guess if we're talking strictly traditional IMAP client behavior,
the Article menu in the Summary buffer should have the following:

  Delete article     B d
  Expunge article    B delete

When you actually expunge an article, it is canceled, which means
you can't access it.  Likewise, you're not going to see a canceled
article the next time you re-enter that group because it is gone.

But then that would be too IMAP specific, and not really applicable
to other backends.  Perhaps there could be a general "flag" command?

amos